Save on water charges
Council offers the following rebates or reductions for water charges:
If you own and live in the rated property and have one of the following cards you may be able to get a rebate (money off) your water rates, as well as your general rates, sewerage and domestic waste management charges:
- pensioner concession card
- veterans affairs gold card
See pensioner rebates
Customers having haemodialysis at home will be given a credit for the cost of 100kL of water per year.
To receive this credit, you must provide written evidence of your treatment (each year) from your Health Service.
For more information contact us.
Undetectable water leaks
Council may reduce your water use charges if you have an undetectable water leak on your property.
What is an undetectable water leak?
- Not readily visible (no wet areas, pooling of water, water flowing in gutters, split hoses, broken taps).
- Not readily audible (no gurgling, hissing, dripping or other sounds suggesting a leak, no appliances refilling more often).
- Cannot be readily identified or located without professional help.
Claim an undetected leak on your property
If your claim is approved, Council will provide a 75% discount on the water which exceeds your average use for the previous 3 years.