Ways to pay

Lodgement fees must be paid at time of lodgement.

Animal registration fees must be paid in person.

There are lots of ways to pay your Council rates and water notices.

See below, or check the back of your notice to see all your options.

You can also opt to set up a payment plan or arrangement that suits you.

ePayment and Property Services

eProperty logo

Use Council's online portal to pay your:

  • rates
  • water notice
  • sundry debtor notices
  • application invoices

Visit portal

Need help with ePayment and Property Services?

Other ways to pay

BPAY telephone and internet banking

BPay logo Contact your bank or financial institution to make a payment from your cheque, savings debit or credit card account.

Tweed Shire Council's Biller Code is 131 284 and the reference number is on the front of your notice.

See bpay.com.au

Direct Debit

Direct Debit logo When you set up a direct debit it means you allow Tweed Shire Council to automatically take payments from your bank account or credit card when they are due.

With a direct debit you can relax because you know your rates and water notices will always be paid on time.

You can choose to make direct debit payments, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annually.

To set up a direct debit

Complete the online Payment plan form and choose the direct debt feature.

Complete the direct debit form(PDF, 128KB) (printable)

To update or change your direct debit

Complete the Payment plan form with the new information to update your existing direct debit payments (eg. amount, bank account information or the frequency of payments).

To skip the next scheduled payment

Skip next schedule direct debit payment on an existing plan (Council requires prior notice of 2 business days to process your request). 

This request will only permit you to skip the next scheduled payment. Should you need to skip multiple payments, please call Council.

To cancel your direct debit

Call Council to discuss.

If you have any questions about your direct debit contact us.

Note: Council does not deduct directly from a Centrelink Benefit, only from a financial institution (bank).

Post Billpay

Post Billpay logo Visit www.postbillpay.com.au or phone 13 18 16 to pay with Visa, Visa debit or Mastercard.

Council's Postbillpay code is 0575 and the reference number is on the front of your notice. A fee of 0.55% applies for credit card payments.

You can also scan and pay bills with the Australia Post app. Download the free app on your smart phone, tablet or smart watch. Select 'pay your bill', scan the barcode at the bottom of your bill, then enter your payment details.

In person

Australia Post

Payments can be made by cash, cheque or EFTPOS. (Australia Post does not accept payment by credit card.)

Council offices

Visit us at Brett Street, Tweed Heads or Tumbulgum Road Murwillumbah during office hours. Council accepts payments by cash, cheque, money order, EFTPOS, Visa and Mastercard.

A fee of 0.55% applies for credit card payments.

By mail

Please make cheques payable to Tweed Shire Council, crossed ‘Not negotiable’ and mail to Tweed Shire Council, PO Box 816, Murwillumbah NSW 2484.

Do not send cash through the mail. Council is not responsible for delays or lost receipts by post.