Mapping and zoning

Use Council’s online maps to:

See Tweed online mapping tips(PDF, 381KB)

How do I know what zone I'm in?

Across the Tweed there are different land use zones including:

  • Rural (e.g. RU1)
  • Residential (e.g R1)
  • Business/commercial (e.g. B1)
  • Industrial (e.g. IN1)
  • Special/tourism (e.g. SP1)
  • Recreation (e.g. RE1)
  • Nature (e.g. E1)
  • Waterways (e.g. W1)

These zones reflect the type of development that is expected to occur in the area.

The following documents set out the types of development that can be undertaken in each zone:

See land use and planning controls