Community services and programs

The Community Services team makes a difference in our Community's lives. We have over 25 years experience in the 'Business of Caring and Facility Management'.

Tweed Community Services provides programs to support eligible Tweed Shire Residents to stay living independently and safely in the community and in their own home.

We provide eligible clients with direct services as an interim measure whilst awaiting the uptake of referrals to other services. Our aim is to connect clients to the services they need, support the attainment of their goals, then to exit.

We provide support services in:

Contact our friendly team today, to see how we can support you! call on 07 5569 3110 or email

If you feel your rights are not being respected, make a formal complaint

If you feel that your rights are not being respected and this is a concern to you – we need to know this as soon as possible. This is best pursued by:

  • Speaking to our staff who were responsible for organising the support or services that are now causing concern for you.
  • If the staff person is unable or fails to sort out the problem, you can call the Coordinator Community Services on 07 5569 3110.
  • If the concern is still not resolved satisfactorily you may wish to contact the Director of Sustainable Communities and Environment at:

Tweed Shire Council

PO Box 816

Murwillumbah NSW 2484

Complaints either in writing or by phone will be registered on the Records Management System or responded to within 14 working days. We are here to support you and not to judge you for your comments. We aim to provide a best practice approach to our work and this is linked to your assistance with accurate and timely feedback when services or goods are not satisfactory to you.

For formal complaints or for further resolution of your concerns, you may also choose to contact the:

Ombudsman’s Office
Community Services Division
Level 24/580 George Street
Phone: 1800 451 524 (Freecall)

This is a free and confidential service that can assist you in working through any complaints or concerns about the service you are receiving.

The Aged Care Complaints Commissioner provides a free service if you have a concern or complaint about any of the care and services you receive.

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848
(Your capital city and state/territory)


Call: 1800 550 552

If you need assistance to undertake any of these steps we can assist you to access.

If you require any further information call us on 07 5569 3110 or email us at

Visit in person: Tweed Heads South Community Centre, Cnr Heffron Street and Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads South. (Next to the Tweed Heads indoor pool).