Sports field bookings and licences


Council sports fields are available for hire, depending on availability. Check out all sports fields in the Tweed, including any closures, or find out about hiring a park.

Most of Council’s sports fields are under a seasonal licence agreement with local sports clubs. However, they can be used by the general public outside of agreed licenced hours.

Call Recreation Services on 02 6670 2400 to check field availability and details before you apply.

Casual use - temporary licence

Casual sports field use is for one-off events outside of a club's seasonal licence agreement or for organised commercial or informal sporting activities, for example gala days, carnivals, coaching clinics, tournament days or training.

Applications must be received a minimum of 10 weeks before.

Fees are to be paid before an approval can be issued. Public liability insurance is required.

Booking forms for casual use of a sports field

Sporting clubs - seasonal licence

All sporting associations wishing to start a comp or renew a seasonal licence, please complete:

To be considered a sporting club, the club must be incorporated (the Certificate of Incorporation number must be included on the application form).

Cabarita Beach Sports Centre

Cabarita Beach Sports Centre is no longer available to hire, as of 1 July 2024. 


You must provide a public liability insurance policy to hire sports fields. This must be to a minimum of $20 million and be in the name of the club applying for the licence and list Tweed Shire Council as an interested party. If this policy expires during a season licence, a copy of the new certificate of currency is required for the licence to remain valid.

Exemptions apply to schools and government organisations due to having an on-going policy requirement.