Trees on public land

Tree on council reserve

Council is responsible for trees on public land, parks, gardens, street roadsides and natures strips.

Request a tree for your nature strip

Call Council on 02 6670 2400 or make a request using the 'report a problem' form below.

One of our officers will inspect the site (checking for pedestrian access, vehicle vision, underground services). If approved, a site-suitable tree will be planted.

Request pruning or removal of a Council tree

To request pruning or removal of trees in a public place (such as road reserve, park or bushland) call Council on 02 6670 2400 or make a request using the 'report a problem' form below. 

One of our officers will inspect the tree, and any works will be done by one of our tree specialists (arborist). 

Report a problem or request a tree

Trees in powerlines

Essential Energy are responsible for pruning trees that are growing into the powerlines.

Call 13 23 91 or visit

Cool Towns tree project

Street trees are a great way to reduce heat in our urban areas. They provide shade, make our streets look nice and have a cooling effect (reducing temperatures by as much as 14 degrees). 

Council's Cool Towns Urban Forest Program is focusing on areas of the Tweed that lack shade. 

Future programs aim to get the community involved in planting and caring for trees in their own streets and parks. 

Issues about trees on Council land

Council provides guidelines in dealing with emotive issues about trees on Council land. We handle matters in a fair and consistent way for our community. 

Removing a tree from your property 

See trees on private land

Planting trees on your property

To find out which trees are best for your property see native plants.