Steps for using the portal Documents to upload DA checklists and guides
Applications lodged in the NSW Planning Portal between 24 December and 6 January 2023 will not be actioned by Council till at least 9 January 2023 when Council re-opens.
The portal reduces assessment times and makes the process simpler, faster and more transparent. It also means you can track the progress of your application.
All information you upload to the portal is seen and assessed by Tweed Shire Council.
All the forms you need are listed in the guides and checklists section below.
Some certificates and applications need to be lodged with Council (not on the NSW Planning Portal).
When to use the portal
Use the portal to apply for consent for all types of development on your property, including:
- new dwelling, including house, shed, carport, garage or awning
- swimming pool installation
- alterations or additions to an existing dwelling or business
- structural changes to create a home business at your premises
- demolishing a structure
- subdividing land
- new multi-dwelling construction
- associated applications when submitted at same time as DA (e.g. S138 driveway crossing or S68 plumbing and drainage)
You can also use the Portal for complying development certificates.
Which documents do I need to upload to the portal?
Refer to the checklists below to work out what documents are needed for your application type.
Mandatory documents on the portal are marked with an asterisk * and you will not be able to submit your application unless you upload them.
Do not change the name of Council forms.
For more information about the documents needed check the DA Preparation Guide(PDF, 2MB)
The table below provides examples and links to some forms and checklists that may also be required to upload with your application.
The registered owner(s) of the land must give consent for a DA to be lodged:
||A free BASIX certificate is available online at planningportal.nsw.gov.au/basix. Simply enter details about the proposed house or unit such as location, size and building materials. A BASIX is needed for:
- all Development Applications
- applications for Complying Development Certificates for new residential development, or alterations and additions involving residential development with a total estimated cost of works of $50,000
- swimming pools or spas with a volume of more than 40,000 litres
|Statement of Environmental Effects(PDF, 257KB)
||A Statement of Environmental Effects is needed for minor development applications. It details likely impacts of your proposed development.
|Principal Certifier Agreement/Appointment Contract Form(PDF, 385KB)
||Construction Certificate application: If applying for a Construction Certificate and you are nominating Tweed Shire Council as the Principal Certifier, complete the form and upload to the portal when submitting your application.
||Sewer Application, Septic Application or Stormwater Application: If applying for a Section 68 with your DA, complete the form and upload to the portal when submitting your application.
S138 form(PDF, 197KB)
|Driveway application: If applying for a Section 138 Application with your DA, complete the form and upload to the portal when submitting your application.
DA checklists and guides
Tweed DCP compliance checklists
- Alterations and Additions, Garages, Carports, Sheds, Pergolas etc(PDF, 742KB)
- Change of use from Residential to Tourist and Visitor Accommodation(PDF, 234KB)
- Commercial/Industrial Change of Use(PDF, 210KB)
- Commercial/Industrial Development(PDF, 292KB)
- Commercial/Industrial Signage(PDF, 155KB)
- Demolition(PDF, 207KB)
- Dual Occupancy, Granny Flat, Town House, Row Houses(PDF, 725KB)
- Earthworks(PDF, 221KB)
- Events and Festivals(PDF, 301KB)
- Helipads and Heliports(PDF, 247KB)
- New Dwelling Single Occupation(PDF, 722KB)
- Part V (5) Application(PDF, 225KB)
- Pontoons and Boat Ramps(PDF, 612KB)
- Residential Flat Buildings, Shop Top Housing(PDF, 694KB)
- Section 4.55 Applications(PDF, 143KB)
- Strata Subdivision(PDF, 199KB)
- Subdivisions(PDF, 645KB)
- Subdivision (Exempt and Complying Development Codes)(PDF, 227KB)
- Swimming Pools(PDF, 652KB)
- Telecommunication Facility(PDF, 270KB)