Informal access request
Application form Access to information
The Informal access to information request (1.b) is to be used for access and/or disclosure of documents held by Council within files, or stored electronically on Council's Records Management System (refer to section 18 of the GIPA Act 2009 and Schedule 5 - GIPA Regulation 2009).
A $27.50 fee for retrieval applies to requests for records that were created prior to 1 July 2010.
Certain Council records may require a Formal Access application under s41 of the GIPA Act 2009. Council will contact you if this is needed, noting additional fees will apply.
Read more about access to information, including Council documents, registers and returns of interest.
Notes about access to government information
Personal information, other than your own, will generally not be released.
Residential parts of buildings
Written consent from the property owner is required to view the plans and specifications for any residential parts of buildings, other than plans that merely show its height and its external configuration in relation to the site on which it is proposed to be erected.
Where consent is required to access the information in your request, an email from the relevant person (or organisation or business) with address and contact information is required.
- acknowledge that Council records, and the information contained in Council records, may be subject to copyright under the Copyright Act (1968) (Cth)
- acknowledge that it is unlawful, without the permission of the copyright owner, to reproduce, publish, or communicate to the public, a Council record or the information contained in a Council record in which copyright subsists
- acknowledge that by permitting the inspection of a Council record or the information contained in a Council record through the Informal Access to Information application, Council does not express or imply consent to any infringement of copyright
- undertake to Council not to reproduce, publish, or communicate to the public, the accessed records
- indemnify Council against all liabilities, obligations, damages, injuries, penalties, claims, demands, actions, suits, judgements and any and all costs, expenses or disbursements suffered or incurred by, or made or brought against, the Council as a result of your breach of the above undertaking.
Informal access to information request - application form
Fill out the online form below or you can download the hard copy Informal Access to Information Request(PDF, 308KB)
Click here to view form.