Caravans on private property

caravans-on-private-property.jpg The use of moveable dwellings in places other than caravan parks or camp grounds is controlled by the state government

Caravans on private land - approvals

You can apply to have a caravan or manufactured home on your private land in certain situations. 

For example, if you're building a house you can live in a manufactured home, moveable dwelling, tent or caravan onsite while the house is being built.

Approval can be granted for up to 12 months.

How to apply

Submit an application form(PDF, 74KB)

More information

Call Council’s Environmental Health Unit on 02 6670 2400.