Council is committed to providing our community with a high level of customer service, including the ability for residents and the public to provide compliments and feedback to improve our service or make a formal complaint about a particular action or decision taken by Council.
For further information on how we manage complaints, read the Compliments and Complaints Handling Policy(PDF, 156KB)
Firstly, we want to take a moment to clarify what is NOT a complaint. If you:
- have a request for service like reporting a pothole, water leak, noise or animal issues
- are seeking information or explanation of a Council policy or procedure
- are objecting to a development application currently before Council
- have concerns raised regarding decisions of the elected body.
These are not considered complaints. We may be able to solve your problem quickly if you call one of our specialist Customer Service Officers on 02 6670 2400 or report a problem online for non-urgent requests.
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, made in respect to:
- a Council Officer's role in the provision of service delivery or lack of service delivery that has allegedly affected an individual, group or body of stakeholders whether justified or not
- the quality of service provided by Council
- Council failing to act upon a request from the public
- policies adopted by Council
- dissatisfaction with Council's action following the lodgement of a request for service (management through Council's customer request management system) or a request for information (managed through Government Information Public Access Act).
How to lodge a complaint
If you would like to proceed with making a formal complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The General Manager
Tweed Shire Council
P.O. Box 816
Murwillumbah NSW 2484
Other ways to lodge a complaint
- Call us on 02 6670 2400
- Visit in person at either of Council's offices located at Murwillumbah or Tweed Heads
For further information on how complaints are reviewed and actioned, including allegations of corrupt conduct, maladministration or criminal activity, read the Compliments and Complaints Handling Policy(PDF, 156KB)
To send positive feedback, see feedback and compliments