Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : Council : : Contact Us : : Complaints

Email Link   Complaints

Tweed Shire Council is committed to providing our community with a high level of customer service, including the ability for residents and the public to provide compliments and feedback to improve our service and/or make a formal complaint about a particular action or decision taken by Council.

For further information on how Tweed Shire Council manages complaints please read the Compliments and Complaints Handling Policy (61kB PDF).

Firstly, we want to take a moment to clarify what is NOT a complaint. If you have:
  • a request for service like reporting a pothole, water leak, noise or animal issues
  • are seeking information or explanation of a Council policy or procedure
  • objecting to a development application currently before Council
  • or have concerns raised regarding decisions of the elected body
these are not considered complaints, and we may be able to solve your problem quickly if you call one of our specialist Customer Service Officers directly. See Contact Us or our online Report a Problem for non-urgent requests.

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, made in respect to:
  • Council Officer's role in the provision of service delivery or lack of service delivery that has allegedly affected an individual, group or body of stakeholders whether justified or not;
  • The quality of service provided by council;
  • Council failing to act upon a request from the public;
  • The policies adopted by Council; or
  • Dissatisfaction with Council's action following the lodgement of a request for service (management through Council's customer request management system) or a request for information (managed through Government Information Public Access Act).
If you still need to proceed with making a formal complaint, please lodge it using the most appropriate option below.

Council’s Preferred Action
  • In writing to The General Manager
    Tweed Shire Council
    P.O. Box 816
    Murwillumbah NSW 2484
  • By email to
Other Forms of Lodgement
  • Telephone Council on (02) 6670 2400 or 1300 292 872 to a Council Officer
  • In person at either of Council’s offices located at Murwillumbah or Tweed Heads.
For further information on how complaints are reviewed and actioned, read the Compliments and Complaints Handling Policy.

Complaints including allegations of corrupt conduct, maladministration or criminal activity is administered through Council’s Compliments and Complaints Handling Policy (61kB PDF).

To send positive feedback, see Compliments and Feedback.
Last Updated: