Lodging an application
Preparing a DA What to lodge via Portal How to use the Portal What to lodge with Council Guides and checklists DA fee calculator
Development Applications (DAs) are a formal request for permission to carry out a proposed development, including building, subdividing, change of land use, landscaping or other works.
Most development applications and certificates must be lodged through the NSW Planning Portal.
Some applications still need to be lodged with Council, such as planning and rates certificates.
It is important to know how to submit a DA properly so you can get Council approval. Read more about home renovations and whether you need approval.
How to prepare a DA for lodging
Refer to the Development Application Preparation Guide(PDF, 2MB) for more details.
What to lodge through the NSW Planning Portal
Development Application (DA)
- Building Information Certificate
- Complying Development Certificate (CDC)
- Construction Certificate (CC)
- Occupation Certificate (OC)
- Strata Subdivision Certificate
- Subdivision Certificate (SC)
- Subdivision Works Certificate
Find out more
- Private (accredited) Certifiers to upload certificates for registration and archiving.
Upload via Portal
What to lodge through Council
- Section 10.7 Planning Certificate
- 603 Rates certificate
- 121ZP & 735A outstanding notices certificates
Lodge with Council
Other Certificates and Applications