Sports events - casual

Casual Sports Field Usage is for one off events outside of a clubs seasonal agreement or for organised commercial or informal sporting activities. Eg Gala, carnival, coaching or tournament days.

Tentative bookings can be made to allow (1) one week to submit an application form.

A certificate of currency for Public Liability Insurance with a minimum of ($20) twenty million dollars coverage is required.

Licenced clubs must be contacted prior to the submission of the application form to be advised of usage and to ensure there is no conflict of use and for access to facilities.  Call Recreation Services on 02 6670 2400 if you need assistance with club contact details.

Applications must be received a minimum of (10) ten weeks prior to use.

Payment is required with applications received under (10) ten weeks. This must be posted with a cheque or money order made payable to Tweed Shire Council.

Any associated fees are non refundable and must be paid prior to the issue of the licence.

Invoicing can take up to (20) twenty working days to process. Ensure applications are received in a timely manner to allow invoices to be processed and paid. Fees must be paid prior to licences being issued.

No back up bookings. If your event is cancelled due to weather closures, contact Recreation Services on 02 6670 2400 for alternative date/s.

Ensure that a copy of your licence is available on the day/s of your event if requested by a Council officer.

No licence renders any insurance policy null and void.

There is a balloon release ban at Council licenced events on public land and at Council-owned facilities. Visit holding promoting events for more information.