The Tweed Link is a weekly ISSN (International Standard Serial Number 1327-8630) registered newspaper produced by the Tweed Shire Council to keep our citizens informed. It is delivered free to over 40,000 households in the Tweed and is printed on 100 per cent recycled paper using soy based inks and is printed by a local company. It is A4 in size and printed in black and white (special editions throughout the year are printed in colour) and is available in full colour online or via electronic subscription. The Tweed Link is also available on audio tape and has been in existence for more than 15 years with the first edition published on Tuesday 12 November 1996.
The Tweed Link Policy (64kB PDF) outlines Council's commitment to informing the community and sets guidelines for what can and cannot feature in the Tweed Link in both editorial and advertising.
The Tweed Link carries Council’s statutory advertising, which under the provisions of relevant NSW legislation, must be published in a printed newspaper that is produced at least weekly. This is why the Tweed Link it is published in printed form and distributed to all Tweed residents via Australia Post. However, it is available via email subscription and can be viewed online. For more information, see Subscription and Distribution below.
All Tweed Link issues are below. Alternatively there is a search function for archived issues. You can also click on the headings below to view information regarding subscription and distribution services and advertising.
Issue 958 - Tuesday, 24 May 2016
[ Latest Issue ]
- Sunny future for Tweed agriculture
- Special rate variation approved for Cobaki Lakes
- Connecting cyclists in South Tweed Heads
- Tweed hosts peak planning board
- Library plants the seed
Issue 957 - Tuesday, 17 May 2016
- Library week comes to a head with simultaneous story
- Make your safety pledge on Fatality Free Friday
- Study drives transport solutions
- Contribute to our North Coast future
- Enduring group in step with better health
- Celebrate the environment
- Delays on Clothiers Creek Road
- Ahead of schedule on Kennedy Drive
Issue 956 - Tuesday, 10 May 2016
- Open for business in Tweed Heads
- Thanks, Driver!
- Koala endangered status confirmed
- Kingscliff win for best engagement
- Hands-on environmental advice
- Quilts for healthy ageing