The Tweed Link is a weekly ISSN (International Standard Serial Number 1327-8630) registered newspaper produced by the Tweed Shire Council to keep our citizens informed. It is delivered free to over 40,000 households in the Tweed and is printed on 100 per cent recycled paper using soy based inks and is printed by a local company. It is A4 in size and printed in black and white (special editions throughout the year are printed in colour) and is available in full colour online or via electronic subscription. The Tweed Link is also available on audio tape and has been in existence for more than 15 years with the first edition published on Tuesday 12 November 1996.
The Tweed Link Policy (64kB PDF) outlines Council's commitment to informing the community and sets guidelines for what can and cannot feature in the Tweed Link in both editorial and advertising.
The Tweed Link carries Council’s statutory advertising, which under the provisions of relevant NSW legislation, must be published in a printed newspaper that is produced at least weekly. This is why the Tweed Link it is published in printed form and distributed to all Tweed residents via Australia Post. However, it is available via email subscription and can be viewed online. For more information, see Subscription and Distribution below.
All Tweed Link issues are below. Alternatively there is a search function for archived issues. You can also click on the headings below to view information regarding subscription and distribution services and advertising.
Tweed Link 979 - Tuesday, 18 October 2016
[ Latest Issue ]
- Kennedy Drive delays
- Seed story and crafts
- Koala information day
- Budd pontoon shifting to safer site
- Pedestrian stop/go at Kingscliff
- TRAC Kingscliff Games athletes honoured
Tweed Link 978 - Tuesday, 11 October 2016
- Playdates a soft introduction to the Gallery
- Sign of the times for local election candidates
- Tweed Council Election – key dates
- Election pre-poll early voting opens 17 October
- Easy transport options
- FitzSimons library talk
- HOUSEHOLD CLEANUP – CHECK YOUR DATE
Tweed Link 977 - Tuesday, 4 October 2016
- Bridge on track for Xmas traffic
- Tweed election candidates
- Cycleways map
- Beautiful butterflies bring deeper message
- What’s on at your local library
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award again
- Tweed business success stories
- Hull lot of history at River Festival
- Rare insights with tour and dinner at the Gallery