In this privacy statement the term personal information means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
Tweed Shire Council (Council) collects personal information directly from you in order to conduct business and meet statutory and regulatory obligations.
You can ask us to correct any errors or make amendments to personal information we have about you (subject to you providing evidence of identity).
We do not collect personal information about you if you are only browsing this website.
For more information see Council's Privacy Management Plan(PDF, 348KB).
Use of this website
If you prefer not to have cookies monitor your website usage, you can change the privacy setting of your browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. Google Analytics offers opt-out tools for the web or you can refer to your Internet browser's 'help' information about how to change your cookie preference.
The information we can log when you access this website includes:
- your IP or server's address
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and time spent displaying each page
- your operating system (for example, Windows 7, iOS 8.1)
- your web browser version and type (for example, Internet Explorer 11, Safari 8.0, Chrome 62.0)
- the time taken to transmit information to you
- the previous Internet address from which you came directly to this website
- no attempt will be made to identify users individually except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where inspection of the Internet web server logs is required by law (for example, by a law enforcement agency)
Please contact us if you have any questions. To request access to any personal information that Council holds see Access to information and privacy