Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : My Property : : My Water and Wastewater : : Conducting Works on Council Infrastructure

Email Link   Conducting Works on Council Water and Wastewater Infrastructure

Other than Council employees or those contracted by Council, no one is allowed to conduct work on Council-owned water or wastewater infrastructure, unless that person has approval under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993 to complete the work. Council has no exemption under Part 3 for work on Water Supply.

Anyone wanting to conduct work on Council's water supply or wastewater infrastructure must apply for Section 68 Approval. On application, Council will determine the conditions for the applicant to meet to complete the work. Typically conditions will include:

  • Suitable qualification and standards

  • Hold/witness points and Council inspections

  • Work as executed requirements

  • Commissioning and testing.

Reference Standards, Codes and Specifications

The following reference documents need to be consulted for the design, approval and construction of water supply or wastewater infrastructure:

Last Updated: