Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : My Property : : My Water and Wastewater : : Water Billing and Charges : : Save on Water Charges

Email Link   Save on Water Charges

Council offers the following rebates or reductions for water charges:

Pensioner rebates

If you hold a pensioner concession card or veterans affairs gold card (stamped with Total and Permanent Incapacitation (TPI) or Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)), and own and reside in the rated property, then you may be eligible for a rebate on your water rates, as well as your general rates, sewerage and domestic waste management charges.

For more information see Pensioner Rebates.

Home haemodialysis

Customers receiving haemodialysis at home will be provided a credit for the cost of 100kL of water per year.

To receive this credit, home haemodialysis patients must provide written evidence of their treatment on an annual basis from an appropriate Health Service. Contact us for more information.

Undetectable water leaks

Council may reduce water consumption charges if you have an undetectable water leak on your property.

Definition of an undetectable water leak:

  • Not readily visible (e.g. wet areas, pooling of water, water flowing in gutters, split hoses, broken taps).
  • Not readily audible (e.g. gurgling, hissing, dripping or other sounds suggesting a leak, fixtures or appliances refilling more frequently).
  • Cannot be readily identified and located without professional assistance.

How to claim for an undetected leak on your property

If the claim is approved, Council will provide a 75% discount on the water which exceeds the average use for the previous 3 years.

Last Updated: