Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : Planning & Building : : Get Advice

Email Link   How to get Development, Building and Environmental Health Advice?

Council's Website

The Planning and Buildling section provides a comprehensive range of information on the full development life cycle, with excellent, easy to use web services, such as the Property Enquiry/DA Tracker search (great for gaining customised information and mapping layers for individual properties or localities), and the DA Tracker which monitors the progress and provides the plans/documentation of all development applications received since 1 July 2009.

Customer Service

Council's Contact Us offices at Murwillumbah and Tweeds Heads are the starting point for most basic enquiries. You have the option of either visiting the offices, or making contact through phone, email and facsimile enquiries.

Please note: The Tweed Heads office provides all standard Council services with the exception of lodgement of major development, construction certificates and complying development certificates which are required to be lodged at the Murwillumbah office. Customer Service staff at this office can still attend to the straight forward planning and building enquiries.

More Specialised Advice

Given the complexities of the NSW Planning system, and related legislation, it is often necessary to gain more specialised advice from Council's technical and professional officers. Council's Murwillumbah office provides a range of specialised advisory services for the following (please click on headings to expand/collapse content):

Basic Pre-lodgement Enquiries
Further Specialist Pre-lodgement Advice and Services Provided by Council's Building and Environmental Health Unit
Pre-lodgement enquiries for larger more complex developments - Development Assessment Panel (DAP)
Lodging Applications
Enquiries Relating to Applications Already Lodged With Council


The planning process can become quite involved. You may benefit from seeking the services of a Private Consultant contained on the following list.

The Consultants List is only a guide and is not to be considered mandatory or exhaustive.

If you or your company would like to be included in the Consultants List, please Add a new Consultant
If you require amendments to an item, please click on the "Edit" button for the corresponding item in the list below.

If you wish to be included on this consultants list you must fit into one of the categories listed below.

Select a Category:

Next Steps

Once you have gained sufficient preliminary advice, more detailed information on lodging applications can be found through the following sections of our web site:

Last Updated: