Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : Planning & Building : : Development Applications (DAs) : : Lodging a Development Application (DA)

Email Link   Lodging a Development Application (DA)

Preparing a DA What to lodge via Portal How to use the Portal What to lodge with Council Guides and checklists

From 1 January 2021, most development applications and certificates must be lodged through the NSW Planning Portal

Some applications still need to be lodged with Council, such as planning and rates certificates.

How to prepare a DA for lodging

Refer to the Development Application Preparation Guide (PDF) for more details.

What to lodge through the NSW Planning Portal

building plans

Development Application (DA)

Find out more
building plans


  • Complying Development Certificate (CDC)
  • Construction Certificate (CC)
  • Occupation Certificate (OC)
  • Subdivision Certificate (SC)
Find out more
building plans

Accredited Certifiers

  • Private (accredited) Certifiers to upload certificates for registration and archiving.

Upload via Portal

What to lodge through Council

building plans

Property Certificates

  • Section 10.7 Planning Certificate
  • 603 Rates certificate
  • 121ZP & 735A outstanding notices certificates
Lodge with Council
Last Updated: