Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : My Property : : My Water and Wastewater : : Connections and Disconnections

Email Link   Connections and Disconnections

Tweed Shire Council manages all connections and disconnections to water and wastewater services.

Council approval is required if you are planning to connect or disconnect from any of Council’s water or wastewater systems or if you intend to carry out any work which may affect these systems. This includes any major or minor plumbing or drainage works, including:

  • Minor alterations
  • Renovations
  • Additions
  • Relocating an existing drainage line
  • New development
  • Demolition
Council approval is also required for plumbing work being carried out on properties connected to on-site wastewater management systems (septic systems).

Fees and charges apply for connecting and disconnecting to water and wastewater services. These must be paid before Council will connect or disconnect your services. In some instances, Council may need to provide a quote for this work, particularly where large and/or complex water meters are involved.

For properties seeking a new connection to Council's water and/or wastewater services, the property must be rated for water and/or sewerage and must be paying the appropriate annual access charges. If the property is not rated for water and/or sewerage then the appropriate headworks or developer charges will need to be paid before any connections are permitted. The headworks/developer charge for either water or sewerage is a capital contribution payable for existing properties not connected or new development.
Last Updated: