Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +

Email Link   Construction Certificate Stage 4 - Building Inspections

Council's inspection service is flexible to accommodate your specific needs. Bookings for inspections can be made up until 9.00 am on the day the inspection is required. Building and Plumbing inspections are held during business hours, generally in the PM.

How to book an inspection?

The following methods are available:
  • Online by using the : Request a Building Inspection Webform
  • Booking A Building Inspection
    Download the Tweed Shire Council Smartphone App and Mobile Website which will allow you to book a buildling inspection onsite at anytime using your smartphone or tablet. Simply download the app from the Apple App Store, Google Play or at Select 'Request Buildling Inspection' from either the Development or Forms menu and complete the required fields. Should you require a time to be confirmed, or you require additional inspection types to those shown in the selection boxes, please highlight in the comments section at the bottom of the form. For additional information on using the Smartphone Application to book a buildling inspection see Building Inspection Card Brochure (350kB PDF)
  • By calling (02) 6670 2400 or 1300 292 872 between 8.30am and 4.30pm Mondays to Fridays. For all these methods, you will need to provide the following information:

  • The Council approval number for the work
  • The owner's name
  • Job site address
  • The type of inspection required e.g. footings, frame, internal drainage, etc.
  • The date the inspection is required
  • The name of the person requiring the inspection and their contact number.
  • Before a final inspection can be booked Council requires submission of various certificates and an application for Occupation Certificate.
Should a specific time, or morning inspection, be required for any inspection please phone during office hours and ask to speak with one of Council's staff to arrange such time. NOTE: Ensure that you continue to monitor the conditions of your consent during the various stages of construction.
Last Updated: