Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : Business : : Business Gateway : : Operating My Business : : Amusement Devices

Email Link   Amusement Devices

Amusement devices are defined as “Plant” under the provisions of the NSW Work Health and Safety Act 2011.

Amusement Devices may be required to be registered under the provisions of the NSW Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 by the Workcover Authority of NSW.

Subdivision 5 of the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 sets out specific requirements in relation to applications for an approval to install or operate an amusement device that must be taken into consideration by council.

Council has adopted a Fee for Control by Council of the operation and inspection of amusement devices (see under Planning and Regulation - amusement devices).

Who to Contact

For Amusement device registration requirements contact the Workcover Authority of NSW on 13 10 50 or refer to the Workcover Authority of NSW.

Further information

For further information in respect to obtaining approval for the installation and operation of amusement devices with Tweed Shire Council contact Council’s Building and Environmental Health Unit (02) 6670 2400.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I have a jumping castle in a Council park/reserve for a party?

Last Updated: