Skip to Display Options Skip to Main Content
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the facts from the NSW Government. View Council's response to COVID-19 and the impact to services and facilities.
Aboriginal Acknowledgement A -  |  A +
Skip Navigation Links Home : : My Property : : Neighbours and Property Issues : : Air Pollution

Email Link   Air Pollution

Emissions into the air can cause a nuisance to neighbours and interfere with their normal daily activities. If severe enough, it can even impact on human health and the environment.

Should you have a problem with air emissions, attempt to discuss the issue directly with the person responsible for the nuisance in order to try and achieve a solution. Give them an appropriate time frame to do something about it. If the situation has not changed after that time, it may then be necessary to contact the appropriate authority.

Council only has jurisdiction to act on certain air pollution issues, and shares the responsibility of air emissions with other government bodies. Please refer to the information below which outlines authorities for various air emission types.

If you would like to report air pollution, please ensure that you have identified the potential source of pollution or contact the relevant authority when pollution is happening. Please provide as much detail as possible. This will assist officers investigating the issue.

Who to contact


For information in regards to Dust please contact Council’s Environmental Health Unit (02) 6670 2400.


  • Spear pump – Council’s Environmental Health services (02) 6670 2400.
  • Council sewage treatment plant – Council’s Water unit (02) 6670 2400.
  • On-site sewage management system – Council’s Environmental Health services (02) 6670 2400.
  • Dewatering - Council’s Environmental Health services (02) 6670 2400.


Spray Drift

Refer to Chemicals and Pesticides

Further Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can I report a gas leak to?

Last Updated: