Resident and ratepayer action groups provide a strong link between their communities and Council.
These action groups liaise regularly with Council, to present a collective voice for their districts.
They campaign as advocates for their communities on a range of council issues and non-government topics and play leading roles in economic, social and other initiatives to strengthen and advance their areas.
Resident and ratepayer groups are active in 18 of the towns and villages in Tweed Shire:
- Banora Point & District Residents Association
- Cabarita Beach / Bogangar Residents Association
- Chillingham Community Association
- Chinderah and District Residents Association
- Cudgen Progress Association
- East Banora Residents Association
- Fingal Head Community Association
- Terranora Residents Committee/ Friends of Terranora
- Hastings Point Residents Group and Progress Association
- Kingscliff Ratepayers and Progress Association
- Mooball and District Moovers
- Murwillumbah Ratepayers and Residents Association
- Oxley Cove Community Group
- Pottsville Community Association Inc
- Salt Village Residents Association Inc
- Tweed District Residents and Ratepayers Association
- Tyalgum District Community Association
- Uki Village and District Residents Association
Search the Community Directory under Action Groups, to find the resident and ratepayer group for your area.