Home Expo 2016
Smart lifestyles and environmentally-friendly living will be the focus of Tweed’s ‘Home Expo – Living for the Future’ event.
On Saturday 3 September 2016 from 9am – 2pm, Seagulls Club, Gollan Drive, Tweed Heads West will play host to a one-stop-shop of local suppliers and inspirers with ideas and solutions for more sustainable living in the Tweed.
The expo aims to help people:
- save costs
- be energy and water efficient
- reuse resources and reduce waste
- enhance the local environment
- cut greenhouse gas emissions
- move towards food and energy self-sufficiency
- improve your health and wellbeing
- support local suppliers
Be inspired and informed:
- Register here for ‘Love Food Hate Waste’ cooking demonstrations with Chef Daniel Lange, who can help you save $1,000s in food waste
- Check out the latest BMW electric and hybrid vehicles on show and take a test drive
- See the regional Sustainable House Day ‘Tiny Homes’ design competition entries on display
- Join in the Tiny Homes Big Impact (1.02mB PDF) workshop featuring Adam Bennett-Smith from Koho and Keith Fletcher from Cabin Life
- Catch two workshops on backyard bee keeping, about European honey bees and native bees
- find out if a solar pv battery will work for you
- get handy hints for hiring a tradie
- and more...
Win fantastic prizes:
- $1,000 solar discount voucher from SAE Tweed
- Family pass for a Tweed River Crab Catching Cruise from Tweed Endeavour Cruises
- Weekend package for a family of 5 at Kingscliff North Holiday Park
- Free native garden assessment and planting plan from Natura-Pacific
- and more...
Plus visit over 40 local trade stalls, community groups and talk to Council for all you need for smart, sustainable living in the Tweed. Enjoy delicious food and local coffee, and make the most of the free kids activities available all day.
Become a Home Expo presenter or stallholder
Do you have specialist knowledge or expertise or a product or service to help people be more sustainable at home?
Submit an expression of interest to be involved in this year’s event.
For further information, contact Council’s Sustainability Program Leader on (02) 6670 2555.
The 2016 Northern Rivers Sustainable House Day Design Competition is now open to entries from residents, architects, designers, and young people in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more and enter go to www.sustainablehousedaynr.org
. Entries close 1 September, and designs will be on show at the Tweed Home Expo.
Previous years' events
See below for information relating to previous Home Expos.