Home Expo 2015
The 2015 Home Expo was held at the Murwillumbah Civic Centre on Saturday 12 September from 9am – 2pm (NSW time).
The 2015 event included:
- Over 500 visitors, including more than 350 people who hadn’t been to previous Tweed sustainability home expo events
Ideas and pledges from over 70% of visitors to:
- become a member of the Backyard Habitat for Wildlife program
- be a Wildlife Friendly Pet owner
- make homes more resilient to storms, design new homes and renovations to make the most of the local climate and be energy efficient and use building materials with a low environmental footprint
- improve backyard habitat
- enhance recycling efforts, set up a worm farm or compost bin, take e-waste to Sort Murwillumbah for recycling
- start growing food and set up vertical gardens
- do more to enhance water efficiency and reduce chemical use around the home
- improve general awareness about sustainability issues
9 workshops including presentations from:
- 35 stallholders from local businesses, community groups and Council programs to give advice on everything from alternative building systems, healthy soils, locally designed and made solar power battery storage, green cleaning options, wall coverings, through to the best water and heat tolerant lawn options optimised for Tweed conditions
- 5 of the 15 entries to the regional ‘Housing for Life’ Sustainable Design competition were on display
- Over 20 prize draws including a 1.5kw solar panel system and installation valued at $3,500 from SAE Tweed
Become a Home Expo presenter or stallholder
Do you have specialist knowledge or expertise or a product or service to help people be more sustainable at home?
Submit an expression of interest to be involved in this year’s event.
For further information, contact Council’s Sustainability Program Leader on (02) 6670 2555.
Previous years' events
See below for information relating to previous Home Expos.