Tweed Shire Council values the input and opinions of the Tweed's residents, ratepayers and organisations.
Council has a comprehensive Community Engagement Strategy
which outlines how Council engages with the community in a variety of ways including the online engagement portal -Your Say Tweed - to submissions, community access and much more.
Have Your SayYour Say Tweed
- Council's website dedicated to community engagement, including online forums, surveys, polls, information on past and present community consultation and much more.What's on Exhibition
- all items, excluding Development Applications, that are 'on exhibition' and open to submissions from the public.What's On Exhibition - Archived
- all past exhibitions that have now closed.Advertised Development Applications
- view and make a submission on advertised Development Applications that are open to submissions from the public.Advertised DAs
- quarterly stalls at community markets to give residents an opportunity to catch up with their Tweed councillors and raise the issues residents want to discuss.Resident/Ratepayer Action Groups
- Resident and Ratepayer Groups are active in many towns and villages in Tweed Shire and liaise with Council.Customer Service
- contact Council to make an enquiry or lodge a request for Council to fix something.Council Meetings
- Council meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month. See the Agenda and Minutes on the 'Council Meetings' page to find out what issues will be discussed and what Council decided.Community Access
- Community Access sessions are held on the second Thursday of each month to give residents an opportunity to address the councillors.Councillors
- residents can contact a councillor with their concerns. Tweed Shire does not have wards, so each councillor represents all of the Tweed.
Petitions - present a petition to a meeting of Council. For information on what qualifies as a petition and how Council recieves them please read the Code of Meeting Practice Policy (226kB PDF)
There are also a range of ways you can stay informed about Council activities including:
Our website - www.tweed.nsw.gov.au
Council's Smartphone Application
Follow us on our social channels:LinkedIN YouTube
Subscribe to the Tweed Link
and Media Releases
Read the monthly Council Business Paper - see Council Meetings
Read the updates from the Council Meetings