Consider engaging the services of Tweed Shire Councils accredited certifiers to conduct the approval and inspection functions associated with your project. Council has a dedicated team of highly skilled and qualified building professionals, well qualified and with local knowledge invaluable in ensuring that your interests are protected and who provide quality building and development related services including:
- Construction Certificates
- Complying Development Certificates
- Occupation Certificates
- Inspection of building works (Principal Certifying Authority services)
- Act as the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA)
- Development and building compliance advice
- Building and construction advisory and consultancy services, including pre-lodgement advice, development consents and modifications to consents, fire safety compliance and upgrades, compliance with development consents, legislation and interpretation of the Building Code of Australia
- Bushfire risk level assessments (BAL Certificate), this is a prerequisite for any proposal for Complying Development in a bushfire prone area
- Project specific fee estimates are available upon request by contacting Council's Building and Environmental Health Unit on (02) 6670 2400
Why choose Tweed Shire Council to certify your project?
You will have access to experienced and competent building professionals who:
- provide high quality service that is efficient, cost effective, and competitive,
- have the long term support and stability of Council - 'we will always be there for our customers and the community',
- are flexible to customers' needs, with inspections scheduled for a mutually convenient time and within 24 hours of the initial booking
- have access to Council's approvals history so that we can provide quick advice and assistance to our customers
- have direct access to Council's records and approval history, and Council's planning officers, so we can provide timely advice and assistance on the certification process,
- are able to issue Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Occupation Certificates, Building Certification, and provide inspection services for all classes of buildings,
- provide a building advisory role,
- will ensure building regulations, construction standards, and development consent requirements are satisfied.
It should also be noted that as Tweed Council is the regulatory authority for plumbing and drainage and that the same officers are also responsible for carrying out all plumbing and drainage inspections associated with your development. This means that our experienced officers are available on site more frequently and therefore provide additional opportunities to ensure that both the building and plumbing trades are made aware of any issues as they arise during the construction process. This minimises delays and ensures that all legislative requirements are met to provide a smooth transition of your development though to the completion stage.
For further information we invite your enquiries to discuss any of these processes by phoning Councils Building and Environmental Health Unit on (02) 6670 2400.