Tweed Shire Council has two community banner sites available for community groups to book promotional and event banners.
- Wharf Street, Tweed Heads (NSW Gateway entry, adjacent to Jack Evans Boat Harbour and War Memorial)
- Murwillumbah/Alma Street Bridge, Murwillumbah
To make a booking or enquire about available dates please contacting Council on (02) 6670 2400. All bookings are required to be accompanied by a completed Temporary Banner Application Form (323kB PDF)
and payment made no later than one week prior to erection. Payment can be made at Council offices, see Customer Service
.Booking Conditions and Requirements
- Banner bookings are only available to not-for-profit events/organisations
- Bookings can only be displayed for one week at a time, no consecutive bookings
- Erection of banners will be on the Monday, except where a Public Holiday falls on a Monday, banner will be erected on the Tuesday.
- Cherry picker is occasionally unavailable, this may cause delays with banner erections from time to time.
- Loss or damage to banners is not Council's responsibility
- No fees will be waived
Banners must be delivered to Tweed Heads depot, Gray Street Tweed Heads for erection at Wharf Street Tweed Heads and Murwillumbah Depot, Buchanan Street Murwillumbah for erection in Alma Street, Murwillumbah.
Banners must be delivered at least one week prior to the erection date, they must also be picked up from the depot no later than one week following the display period. Council does not offer storage of banners and any banners not collected will be disposed of. Minimum banner specifications can be found on page 2 of the Temporary Banner Application Form (323kB PDF)
. The banner fee
is charged on a per site per booking basis.
Council will not accept delivery of banners without the following:
- Contact name and number
- Copy of receipt for payment or a copy of the temporary banner application form with the receipt number filled in.
On occasion, Council has marquees available that community groups can access. Requests for these are considered on a case by case basis and must be submitted on the Application for Council in Kind Support of Events form available on Council's website.